We watched a musical for the first time!

by - September 08, 2019




Hello blog! It’s been decades since the last time I write my thoughts here (Okay medjs OA) so I talk to you again, I hope you don’t mind.


It all started with a thought of “what are the things that Froggy and I haven’t done?” I suddenly realized that we haven’t watch a musical together and since I also missed watching a theatrical show, I started googling what show to watch and I remember there is this one show that I really wanted to watch but for some reason my time doesn’t permit me to do it. Now, I have the luxury of time and some penny, I might as well book a ticket. Plus, I was thinking on how to make my Saturday productive as much as possible (for the vlog). 

Here’s my Saturday schedule:
  • 1:30pm Interview
  • 6:30pm Releasing of ticket
  • 8:00pm Start of the show
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BDbytFay_zGaqlUNPYZAow3Ca1IFuOD2
Top and Pants - Bershka
Shoes - Cloud foam Adidas
Bag - Kate Spade
Watch - Apple watch

Interview was done although I came 2hrs. late from the set appointment ( I know that was unacceptable ) I still proceed to my set schedule. Around 5:30pm, I went to Megamall just to fetch Froggy,who is patiently waiting for me. We grab some snack and drive all the way to E. Rodriguez since that’s where the PETA Theater located at.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=10gpvptCQyCzqTxS3N2-74-79SnLkxnh9
Froggy and I waiting for the open house (Theater term for openning the door of the theater)

So here’s what I’ve noticed about the whole show and the viewers, don’t worry this is just my own opinion and I will not spoil any beans here.

  1. This show reminds me of the musical we did when I was in College which was entitled “BRGY.1433” somehow they are the same. I love how the story goes. Ang taba ng utak ng writer. Very witty.
  2. Great casting, although I’m not familiar with any of the actors except from the famous Mr. Robert Seña. Every character support one another. And their presence of mind is there. 
  3. Well modulated voice. We have this saying when we are in college that “Ang comedy di kino-comedy” meaning to say it comes naturally. All jokes comes naturally. Even my froggy laugh so hard to think that his sense of humor is a bit deep. Hearing him laugh his heart out means only one thing that he’s connected with the actors. 
  4. Lights and props are one of the things that you need to consider if you want to watch this. Effort kung effort ganoin.
  5. Company’s feet (staffs) are all noisy. I was sitting next to the stage and when the company will change the set all I can hear was their footsteps, I keep on saying “PAA, PAA, PAA” kasi ang ingay ng yabag ng paa. 
  6. Congratulations to the cast and staffs of this production for putting up a great show for us. Kudos Direk.
And the last piece I’ve noticed is not for the actors or staffs but for those who are watching. People, you need to realize that when an actor gives a one of a kind performance kindly give him a standing ovation. I repeat, do not hesitate to give them a standing ovation. Sadly, last night nobody gave them standing ovation except me (Kahit mukha akong tanga kakapalakpak) because they deserve that. That’s the only appreciation you can give to them.

I don’t want to sound like a college course here giving my two cents, but hey might as well consider watching it. I think the show will run for the rest of september just go check out PETA THEATER for a much more updated details.

So how was our experience? difinitely not our last.

To end this note, I encourage everyone to please let us support local artist. Buy their products, watch them or even sing with them.

I don’t know how far this blog will reach but if ever you are reading this right now please remember that you are not alone. ❤️

Hanggang sa susunod na sulat,
Maje ❤️❤️❤️

You May Also Like

0 comments