ALL THE SWEET THOUGHTS FOR MILK AND HONEY

by - January 13, 2018


To be honest I've never been a fan of any poetry book since their words are way too deep I easily get drown, this might be the first poetry book that I purchased and believe it or not I fell inlove. I got it September last year but only read it by early this January while waiting for my video to render and as expected I got drown not with how deep the words are, but for how relatable each poem was. I can't believed that it took me 3 months before I picked this book up and start reading it.

Let's talk about this book cover, I actually get this one because of the book cover. It was black and white, nothing more, nothing less. But wait as the saying goes Don't judge the book by it's cover and my brother is not a pig! hahahaha (kidding aside) this book was definitely worth to read aside from it's minimalist cover.

I can definitely say that this book is all about feels (if that's even a proper english term), Filipino millennials can call it HUGOT book ( For my non-filipino readers: hugot means a phrase or sentence that is too deep, mostly all the words/conversation will lead into deep facts about love and relationship.) But don't get me wrong, this book is not only about love, it tackles also some abuses & feminism (hello girl power!).

This book is actually addicting to the point that I can't put it down not until I'm done with the last page, that is why I ended up finishing it for an hour. For an hour I feel vulnerable and thought that finally I found a book who understand what I'm going through right now. It was somehow talking to me. Let me share to you one of my favorite poem from this book. 


It was a 3 liner poem but it was hitting you so much. This is one of my favorite lines from Rupi Kaur, as much as I want to post all of my favorites I don't want to be spoiler on what's inside of this book. Let's help Rupi Kaur to earn with her works.

That completes my blog for today btw, my schedule in uploading my videos on my youtube channel is every Mondays and Thursdays while updating blog every Saturdays.

You May Also Like

0 comments